cooked duck meat, shredded
spring onions, trimmed and thinly shredded
salt and freshly ground black pepper
maple syrup (preferably golden colour for its delicate flavour)
plum roughly chopped
beef stock (or 200 ml water with one cube)
maple syrup (preferably golden for its delicate flavour)
fresh garlic cloves
1. Preheat the oven to 180c
2. Cook the potatoes straight in the oven for about 50 minutes
3. Cool them down
4. Peel the potatoes and mash them with a potato masher
5. Add the butter, plain flour, egg, salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
1. In a bowl, mix the shredded duck with the spring onions, duck fat, carrot, coriander and maple syrup, seasoning with salt and pepper to taste.
1. Put all ingredients in a pan
2. Reduce to 2/3, remove the star anise and cloves, then blend the sauce.
1. Spread the mash potato on a piece of baking paper, make a 20cm round shape
2. Put the duck mixture in the middle then bring the edges to the centre
3. Make sure the duck mixture is covered
4. Keep the pancakes in the fridge for one hour before to cook them
5. Use a large frying pan with 100ml of vegetable oil then fry the pancakes 2 minutes on both sides.
Follow House Beautiful on Instagram.